(Part-Time; 15 hours weekly)
Eastport United Methodist Church is a diverse and vibrant faith community that is set on loving God and serving neighbors here in Annapolis, MD. Would you like to be part of a team that seeks to transform our community? If so, please consider this position.
Eastport United Methodist has a vital need for an Administrative Assistant and we seek to provide the best in Christian formation.
The Administrative Assistant is supervised by the Pastor, and accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee of EUMC.
• Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals – in person, over the phone and in writing.
• Warm, enthusiastic and welcoming to members and guests as expected in a Christian environment.
• Ability to work well with others – including members of the staff, congregation, guests and volunteers.
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as Google Suite products, MailChimp and Constant Contact. A willingness to master the church contact management and website. Knowledge of databases and publishing software a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to details. Must be able to manage processes.
• Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
• Commitment to excellence, high standards, and embodying the inclusive nature of the church.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
• This position is 15 hours / week with potential to increase hours. Current hourly rate is between $16-20 per hour. Work week is Monday through Friday, exact schedule has some flexibility as well as the ability to work from home some days.
Experience in responsible administrative capacity
Please check out our website, www.eastportumc.org
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Chris Broadwell via email: